Short trip is an ideal getaway, in which you will feel the charm of the Lithuanian capital Vilnius and its surroundings.
The traveler will be surprised to discover the Vilnius old town, one of the largest and best preserved of northwestern Europe. Vilnius old town is a masterpiece of architectural styles: Gothic, Renaissance, Baroque and Classicism. During this journey the traveler will also have the opportunity to discover the old Lithuanian medieval capitals Kernavė and Trakai, located near Vilnius, in close contact with nature.
- DURATION: 4 DAYS / 3 NIGHTS
- PRICE PER PERSON IN DOUBLE ROOM: 629 €
- SINGLE ROOM SUPPLEMENT: 89+ €
DAY 1: ARRIVAL IN LITHUANIA
Arrival at Vilnius International Airport, located 15 minutes from downtown. Pick up from Vilnius airport by an English speaking member of the tour operator “Discover Baltics”. Private Coach transfer to hotel. Go for a short duration walking tour through the historical center of Vilnius. Welcome dinner. Accommodation inVilnius.
DAY 2: VILNIUS
Breakfast. Tour with the English speaking guide to the historical Vilnius center. Here you can see and visit buildings, monuments and most representative places such: as Gediminas castle, Vilnius Cathedral, Presidential Palace, St. Peter’s and St. Paul’s church, St. Ana’s church, Vilnius University, old town, Jewish quarter and the gates of dawn, among others. Lunch.In the afternoon visit to Užupis – the bohemian artists’ quarter of Vilnius. Dinner. Accommodation in Vilnius.
DAY 3: OLD LITHUANIAN CAPITALS: KERNAVĖ AND TRAKAI
Breakfast. Departure by bus to visit the first known capital of Lithuania, Kernavė, a small village located 35 km northwest of Vilnius. In it you can visit the archaeological site of Kernavė included in the list of World Heritage sites of UNESCO since 2004, which consists of a series of archaeological, historical and cultural, which include: the Kernavė own people, a series of forts, some unfortified settlements, burial sites and other archaeological monuments ranging from Paleolithic to the middle ages. The trip to another ancient capital of Lithuania Trakai. The town Trakai is located just 30 km from Vilnius, on the shores of Lake Galvė, within the Trakai National Historic Park. Lunch. Visit the town and its famous castle of Trakai is located in one of the islands in lake Galvė. Return to Vilna. Dinner. Accommodation in Vilnius.
DAY 4: DEPARTURE
Breakfast at the hotel. Departure by bus to Vilnius international airport.
IN PRICE ARE INCLUDED:
- HOTEL: 3 Nights in the best buffet breakfast hotels 4 and / or 5 star
- MEALS: Lunch and dinner in the best local restaurants serving traditional and international food. Drinks included: water and coffee / tea.
- TRANSFERS: Airport – Hotel – Airport
- TRANSPORTATION: air-conditioned bus during all route
- GUIDES: Local English speaking guide for the whole route
- VISITS: The routes described in itinerary description*
- TICKETS: Vilnius University (Lithuania), the castle of Trakai (Lithuania)
- ASSISTANCE: accompaniment during the whole route by a person speaking English from tour operator “Discover Baltics”
* Note: The descprition of the routes may have some changes