Three cities: Vilnius (Lithuania), Riga (Latvia) and Tallinn (Estonia) are the capitals of three Baltic countries. All their historical centers are included in the list of World Heritage sites protected by UNESCO.
- DURATION: 8 DAYS / 7 NIGHTS
- PRICE PER PERSON IN DOUBLE ROOM: 1249 €
- SINGLE ROOM SUPPLEMENTS: 209 €
VILNIUS–KERNAVĖ–TRAKAI-HILL OF CROSSES-RUNDALE-RIGA-TALLINN-LAHEMAA
DAY 1: ARRIVAL IN LITHUANIA
Arrival at Vilnius International Airport, located 15 minutes from downtown. Pick up from Vilnius airport by a member of the tour operator “Discover Baltics”. Private Coach transfer to hotel. Dinner. Accommodation in Vilnius.
DAY 2: VILNIUS
Breakfast. Tour with English speaking guide to the historical Vilnius center. Visit buildings, monuments and most representative places such as: Gediminas Castle, Vilnius Cathedral, Presidential Palace, St. Peter and St. Paul church, St. Ana Church, Vilnius University, Old Town, Jewish Quarter and Gates of Dawn. Lunch. Afternoon free time for shopping or visit some of the many museums in the capital, like: national museum, museum of contemporary art or museum of genocide victims. Dinner. Accommodation in Vilnius.
Optional: After lunch visit the užupis quarter (called “užupio respublika“), known as the small montmartre of Vilnius.
DAY 3: OLD LITHUANIAN CAPITALS: KERNAVĖ AND TRAKAI
Breakfast. Departure by bus to the first capital of Lithuania, to Kernavė. Kernavė is a small village located 35 km northwest of Vilnius. Here you can visit the archaeological, historical and cultural sites of Kernavė: series of forts, some unfortified settlements, burial sites and other archaeological monuments from paleolithic to the middle ages. Trip to another ancient capital of Lithuania, to Trakai. The town Trakai is located just 30 km from Vilnius, on the shores of the lake Galvė. Here you will visit the national historic park of Trakai and its famous castle. Lunch. Return to Vilnius. Dinner. Accommodation in Vilnius.
DAY 4: HILL OF CROSSES – RUNDALE
Breakfast. Departure by bus to Riga. Stop at the hill of crosses, near the city Šiauliai (Lithuania). There are thousands crosses of different sizes, materials and shapes. The crosses are as a symbol of Lithuanian people’s resistance against Russian occupation. There is the cross placed by Pope John Paul II during his visit to Lithuania in 1993. Lunch. Stop at the Rundale village (Latvia). Visit to the Rundale palace, which is built in 1780 by Italian architect Bartolomeo Rastrelli. The palace used to be a residence of the Dukes. Trip to Riga. Dinner. Accommodation in Riga.
DAY 5: RIGA
Breakfast. Tour with the guide to the historic center of Riga. Here you can visit Lutheran Cathedral, St. Peter’s Church, House of Blackheads, the Catholic Cathedral, Freedom monument, Riga castle and the art nouveau district and others. Lunch. Free time afternoon. Dinner. Accommodation in Riga.
Optional: after lunch boat trip trough the river Daugava.
DAY 6: TALLINN
Breakfast. Departure by bus to Tallinn, located just 300 km from Riga. Arrival in the capital of Estonia. Lunch. Tour with the guide to Tallinn’s Old Town. Here you can find Town Hall Square, Alexander Nevsky Cathedral, St. Maria Cathedral, ancient city walls and Kadriorg palace – old summer residence of Tsar Peter the Great. Dinner. Accommodation in Tallinn.
DAY 7: NATIONAL PARK LAHEMAA
Breakfast. Departure by bus to the national park Lahemaa. This park are the largest of Estonia situated 40 km west of Tallinn, is formed by dense forests, numerous lakes, rivers, waterfalls. You can see many eighteenth-century estates, inheritance of the former German landowners, who managed the land until the early twentieth century. Lunch. Return to Tallinn. Free time in the afternoon. Farewell dinner. Accommodation in Tallinn.
DAY 8: DEPARTURE
Breakfast. Departure by bus to international airport Tallinn.
IN PRICE ARE INCLUDED:
- HOTEL: 7 Nights in the best buffet breakfast hotels 4 and / or 5 star
- MEALS: Lunch and dinner in the best local restaurants serving traditional and international food. Drinks included: water and coffee / tea.
- TRANSFERS: Airport – Hotel – Airport
- TRANSPORTATION: air-conditioned bus during all route
- GUIDES: Local English speaking guide for the whole route
- VISITS: The routes described in itinerary description*
- TICKETS: Vilnius University (Lithuania), the castle of Trakai (Lithuania), Rundale palace (Latvia), the St. Peter’s Church in Riga (Latvia), the Lutheran Cathedral of Our Lady of Riga (Latvia) and Tallinn Kadriorg Palace.
- ASSISTANCE: accompaniment during the whole route by a person speaking English from tour operator “Discover Baltics”
- Boat trip trough the river Daugava in Riga (Latvia)
- Užupis quarter in Vilnius (Lithuania)
* Note: The descprition of the routes may have some changes