Four cities: Vilnius (Lithuania), Riga (Latvia), Tallinn (Estonia)and Helsinki (Findland) are the capitals of three Baltic countries. All their historical centers are included in the list of World Heritage sites protected by UNESCO.
- DURATION: 8 DAYS / 7 NIGHTS
- PRICE PER PERSON IN DOUBLE ROOM: 1861 €
- SINGLE ROOM SUPPLEMENTS: 269 €
VILNIUS–KERNAVĖ–TRAKAI-HILL OF CROSSES-RUNDALE-RIGA-TALLINN-HELSINKI
DAY 1: ARRIVAL IN LITHUANIA
Arrival at Vilnius International Airport, located 15 minutes from downtown. Pick up from Vilnius airport by a member of the tour operator “Discover Baltics”. Private bus transfer to the hotel. Dinner. Accommodation in Vilnius.
DAY 2: VILNIUS
Breakfast. Tour with an English speaking guide to the historical Vilnius center. Visit buildings, monuments and most representative places such as: Gediminas Castle, Vilnius Cathedral, Presidential Palace, St. Peter’s and St. Paul’s church, St. Ana’s Church, Vilnius University, the Old Town, Jewish Quarter and gates of Dawn. Lunch. Afternoon free time for shopping or visiting some of many museums in the capital, such as: national museum, museum of contemporary art or museum of genocide victims. Dinner. Accommodation in Vilnius.
Optional: After lunch visit the Užupis quarter (called “Užupio respublika“), known as the small montmartre of Vilnius.
DAY 3: OLD LITHUANIAN CAPITALS: KERNAVĖ AND TRAKAI
Breakfast. Departure by bus to the first capital of Lithuania, to Kernavė. Kernavė is a small village located 35 km northwest of Vilnius. Here you can visit the archaeological, historical and cultural sites of Kernavė: series of forts, some unfortified settlements, burial sites and other archaeological monuments from Paleolithic to the Middle Ages. Trip to another ancient capital of Lithuania, to Trakai. The town of Trakai is located just 30 km from Vilnius, on the shores of the lake Galvė. Here you will visit the national historic park of Trakai and its famous castle. Lunch. Return to Vilnius. Dinner. Accommodation in Vilnius.
DAY 4: HILL OF CROSSES – RUNDALE
Breakfast. Departure by bus to Riga. Stop at the hill of crosses, near the city Šiauliai (Lithuania). There are thousands of crosses of different sizes, materials and shapes. The crosses are as a symbol of Lithuanian people’s resistance against Russian occupation. There is the cross placed by Pope John Paul II during his visit to Lithuania in 1993. Lunch. Stop at the Rundale village (Latvia). Visit to Rundale palace, which was built in 1780 by Italian architect Bartolomeo Rastrelli. The palace used to be a residence of the Dukes. Trip to Riga. Dinner. Accommodation in Riga.
DAY 5: RIGA
Breakfast. Tour with the guide to the historic center of Riga. Here you can visit Lutheran Cathedral, St. Peter’s Church, House of Blackheads, Catholic Cathedral, Freedom monument, Riga castle and the art nouveau district and others. Lunch. Free time afternoon. Dinner. Accommodation in Riga.
Optional: after lunch boat trip through the river Daugava.
DAY 6: TALLINN
Breakfast. Departure by bus to Tallinn, located just 300 km from Riga. Lunch. Tour with the guide to Tallinn’s Old Town. Here you can find Town Hall Square, Alexander Nevsky Cathedral, St. Maria Cathedral, ancient city walls and Kadriorg palace – old summer residence of Tsar Peter the Great. Dinner. Accommodation in Tallinn.
DAY 7: HELSINKI
Breakfast. Departure by bus to the Tallinn’s port. Transfer to the Helsinki by ferry. Lunch. Sightseeing tour in Helsinki during which you will see Senate square, Lutheran Cathedral, Temppeliaukio church carved out of the rock, University of Technology. Dinner. Accommodation in Helsinki.
DAY 8: DEPARTURE
Breakfast. Departure by bus to the airport to Helsinki.
- HOTEL: 7 Nights in the best 4 and/or 5 star buffet breakfast hotels
- MEALS: Lunch and dinner in the best local restaurants serving traditional and international food. Drinks included: water and coffee / tea.
- TRANSFERS: Airport – Hotel – Airport
- TRANSPORTATION: air-conditioned bus during all route
- GUIDES: Local English speaking guide for the whole route
- VISITS: The routes described in itinerary description*
- TICKETS: Vilnius University (Lithuania), the castle of Trakai (Lithuania), Rundale palace (Latvia), the St. Peter’s Church in Riga (Latvia), the Lutheran Cathedral of Our Lady of Riga (Latvia) and Tallinn Kadriorg Palace.
- ASSISTANCE: accompaniment during the whole route by an English speaking person from tour operator “Discover Baltics”
- Boat trip trough the river Daugava in Riga (Latvia)
- Užupis quarter in Vilnius (Lithuania)
* Note: The description of the routes may have some changes